Sunday, August 31, 2008

Another Month Gone

I can feel my heartbeat. Well, I suppose it's my "pulse" in this case, but that's the same dang thing, right? Anywho, my fingers are throbbing to the tune of my four-chambered pumper. I can feel the exposed skin screaming, and I want to scream. Thank goodness you don't use your pinky much when typing. Ironically, "p" is the only letter that I use my pinky finger for. Granted, there are symbols that one uses his or her pinky to type, but for the most part it's sticking up in the air like that one chunk of hair between your bangs and your mud flaps that just won't stay put when you have your hair up.

This pain is due to a lovely walk with the puppies that I just went on. We were going to take our normal route but decided to throw in an extra block for good measure on this nice, sunny day [SUNday!]. On this extra block was a black dog in a fenced side yard. Normally, the dogs would tug a little from curiosity and Murphy would yip once or twice and that would be it. This time, the dog in the yard barked ferociously and came running full speed toward the fence separating us from him [I assume it was a boy because I can't picture a girl dog being that mean! Sexist possibly, but you know, testosterone is more prominent in males than in females]. I'm not sure if it was some kind of dog diss in Canish [the official name for dog-language], but Moses and Murphy went ape shit.

And that's when it happened.

Ever try holding on to a leash when two dogs adding up to over a hundred pounds are attached to one end and running away from you at full speed? "Rope" burn is very well the result. And is very well what happened to me.

It has now been an hour since we got home, and the dogs are still in time out. Am I a little harsh? No way. They need to learn to behave, or else their balls will be snipped! Oh wait, that happens in three days. HA! Fun fact: Los Angeles requires that you have your dogs spayed/neutered and if they're not, "all intact dogs must have an intact dog license from the city" [source]. How odd!

I am blogging instead of napping after my second shift as an officially certified barista. Both shifts went by incredibly fast. Although getting up at 3:00am wasn't what I preferred to do, it wasn't too horrible, and after making a delicious drink at the beginning of each shift, I was alright. Both days had incredibly huge rushes where there were at least three cars at each window. Yesterday I made $60 in tips and today I made $48. Add those together and I have over $100 toward my camera.

My camera.


No big deal.

I am trying to wait until Andrew gets home to eat, but I don't think it's going to happen. I haven't eaten all day [it's now 4:35 in the afternoon] with the exception of a couple mochas, which is not healthy.

What is healthy is a fresh Caesar salad. ...and letting the dogs out of time out.

No comments: