Sunday, August 24, 2008

Snail Reincarnated

I woke up this morning from a dream where I was interviewing for another job because BigFoot didn't hire me. I was sitting in the food court of the mall interviewing for a position as a manager for one of the stores. The woman asked me a question and I started rattling on about product knowledge.

Thank God I woke up.

...but then I fell back asleep. Until 1:00. Before the main sleep, I managed to get up, move to the living room, and read another 70 pages of Harvest. If this book was a movie, it would be pretty sweet. It's kind of weird how when you read, you picture everything going on--the setting, what the people look like, how their voices sound, etc.--and someone else who reads the same words on the same pages will picture something entirely different. I think that's why watching a movie based on a book is so weird to me, because I see it through someone else's eyes.

Everyone is going ape shit over this Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. It's really cool that people are interested in reading though. When a good series comes out, everyone gets really involved in the book business. Reading is good for your vocabulary, and you always learn something new. Movies these days are all the same. Sure, there'll be the occasional big hit that is totally different from other movies out there, but for the most part they are all the same. The music industry is basically covering all the old songs [and even some not-so-old songs, I.E. the Punk Goes Crunk or Pop stuff] and has no originality. Sam [roomie] bought all the books in the Twilight series day before yesterday [in chronological order: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn] and has been reading them non-stop. It appears she is 1/8 done with the second book and possibly will be late for work because she is caught up in the story.

I would choose to be late too if I had to do floorset tonight. Never again!

After a couple people read her copies, I'm going to give it a shot. The movie comes out in November but it didn't look all that great so I'm not sure if I'll see it. Depending on what IMDb.com has to say, I might rent it when it gets out on DVD. Which is also what I'm going to do with Sex and the City, which comes out late September, the 23rd to be exact.

Anywho, I slept in the recliner in the corner [called a "recliner" for a reason; it's basically a cushiony bed with arm rests] and dreamt a dream that I have dreamt before. I've had the dream maybe three other times. It is about a boy whose parents are killed and he gets kidnapped by the killers. The boy is played by Trevor Morgan. Each time I have the dream, he tries to escape and he fails every time. This time, with the help of roomie Sam, he escaped when he was supposed to bring a bowl of spaghetti to the dining room. From there, he stayed with a bunch of different people, like chapters in a book, or scenes from a movie [which makes sense due to an actor playing the role of the kid].

When I awoke, I had two dogs in my face. They wanted to go outside and play before the rain came so I let them out. And yes, the fence was still closed. Apparently while I was sleeping, the dogs were in my face whining. I felt kind of weird last night, which might explain why I slept so late today. Dogs know when something is wrong, and I think they were worried about why I was sleeping so much. After letting them back inside [before the long-awaited and typical Washington rain], I took a bath. Floating is absolutely the most relaxing thing anyone can do; I think it has to do with being in the womb or something. Either way, it's calming and I love it. I showered, dressed, and found myself not hungry but instead craving coffee [which I haven't made in over a month], so I made me some. I filled a mug to the brim, brought it to the living room, and instead of chancing a spill on any of the new furniture or the floor, I snagged a throw pillow and sat Asian-style on the floor by the table. With Sex and the City playing on the screen, my coffee beside me, and my laptop in front of me, I basically had everything I needed.

During a conversation with Laura, I decided that in the Winter after I get my camera, I'll get myself a new phone [seens how mine keeps resetting the wallpaper and ring tone randomly] with a QWERTY-keyboard and Internet connection so I can blog from wherever [work, maybe??]. I would just blog from my phone, send it to My Journal online, and copy/paste into my blog, but T-Mobile's online services are the least accessible I've ever experienced. I looked at the phones on T-Mobile.com and found the phone I want:

T-Mobile Dash™

Retailing at $299, the instant discount of $150 and a mail-in rebate of $50 price the phone at $99 if I wanted to buy it right now. The instant discount doesn't look like it'd apply to me, but if I waited for my upgrade, it'd be around the same price, if not cheaper due to it being a later time. It has a 1.3mp camera [what I have now, which isn't too bad and not too important because I'll have my sweet 12.2mp camera by then], Windows Media Player, web browsing, a memory card slot, myFaves [which I have], and Microsoft Outlook [which I love]. It also comes with a case [which I would need because I drop things all the time] and a USB cable [necessary these days, especially with T-Mobile's horrible online services].

Perfect phone.

I love my phone that I have now, but I need to really get with the times. And this'd be perfect at my new job, which I start tomorrow. I am so excited!

Can you guess what also excites me? I'll give you a hint: I mentioned Washington rain earlier. ...Do you know yet?




























I know, I know... they're just snails. But I can't get over how incredible they are! They move fast too:



AND they do weird things with their mouths:



Maybe I was a snail in a past life or something; snail reincarnated.

No comments: