Thursday, August 28, 2008

Surrounded by the Love

I'm loving life right now. I have a job that I am excited to go to on the days that I work, I have a boyfriend who is the absolute sweetest, nicest, most amazing person in the entire world, and I have nothing getting me down.

My job is pretty sweet so far. I've basically learned how to make every drink that we serve and it's not that hard! You just have to remember what to put in first, what goes with what kind of drink, what different kinds we have, how to make the drink hot, iced, or blended [yes, we can customize any of our drinks], and what to ring up for each drink. Pretty simple, pretty basic, pretty sweet.

Today I brought Andrew's stereo to work because the one there doesn't play CDs all that well. We listened to a couple of the manager's CDs, one of my mixes ["Musical Venom for Folding Denim" created when Tilt converted to Bullhead two summers ago], and then a mix that Andrew made for me with country songs that are cute and about loving that special someone.

I came home and Andrew and his truck were missing. His truck has been broken for a while, with a faulty spark plug that he hadn't been able to fix without a special tool. He pulled in as I made my way to the door. I was definitely impressed with all that he got done today. Hopefully soon he'll get tabs for the boat and trailer and we can take it out on a nice day before Autumn truly arrives.

Sad news came tonight when Andrew told me that his friend Jake and his girlfriend Megan's dog had to be put down. They were on a little mini-vacation at a lake and apparently the dog was playing and somehow pinched something in his back and ended up being paralyzed. The dog was around three years old. It hurts my heart to hear this news. Pets are like family and they loved that dog dearly. It'd just be like either Moses or Murphy having to be put down after knowing them for that long of a time. Even now, only knowing them for a little under half a year average, I would be devastated. I'm keeping Jake and Megan in my thoughts. I hope they're doing okay.

Andrew keeps getting texts messages four or five times instead of once. Thank goodness he has unlimited texting, but how annoying would that be to get every text four or five times? He just recently got a new phone, the LG LX400. It's pretty sweet looking and sends/receives messages much better than his old, broken, beat to crud silver phone, which is good because I love to text, but it's unfortunate that he is receiving them so oddly. Hmmm to that!

Why is it that I can always ALWAYS think of something to blog about, but when it comes time to type it up my mind goes blank? I guess that's just how it goes when you're enjoying everything and you have nothing to complain about. I suppose I will just kick back, take off my stinky socks, have a drink and some macaroni, watch a movie, and enjoy another relaxing night surrounded by the people and animals that I love.

No comments: