Monday, August 4, 2008

I Went With Lapstone

Why does it feel like I never get a day off? Today, Monday, was my day off, and after waking up around noon, I cleaned, prepped for painting, and at around 3:30 started painting my room. I finished maybe four hours later and it's not the best job. Andrew, of course, is going to fix it for me tomorrow. I seriously have a major catch here.

When I was prepping for my room, I realized that Ashley painted her Macaroni Orange/Yellow paint on the inside of the closet as well. So I had to take everything out of my closet and put it in Andrew's room.


Good thing Murphy got up, or else he would have been smooshed!


After prepping, I washed the dishes while listening to Beck. I heard his song "Scarecrow" and it reminded me of the song "Diamond Dogs" on the Moulin Rouge Soundtrack.

Beck "Scarecrow" 1:00-1:15



Moulin Rouge Soundtrack "Diamond Dogs" 0:46-0:55


Sound familiar? It should, because it is Beck! I had no idea that he was the one that made the song for the soundtrack.

I then got a call from a number I didn't recognize. I didn't answer [who would??] and they left a voice message. It was a woman from the Marysville PetCo. She saw my application and wanted to interview me. I don't want to have to commute to Marysville, so I'm just not going to call back. Didn't I only apply at the Mount Vernon one? I just checked and that is correct. Well then, I'm not calling back. I'll call back if I don't hear anything from Washington Federal Savings in 2-3 days. Deal? Deal.

After this I painted. I'm not going to get into great detail on it, but it was my first time ever painting a room and my first time getting some kind of upper body workout in who knows how long. I was so sore by the time I finished! All I got done were the walls from floor to ceiling [horrible edges by the way]. I didn't do the inside of the closet [same color] nor the ceiling/trim [white]. But for the walls I went with Lapstone.


It is a brownish-greyish-slight blueish tinted color that looks really basic yet good. Don't mind my messy bed and dresser. I just scooted them together and put the blinds on the bed to get everything out of the way. Here's an illusion-like picture of one of the corners:


Are you inside or outside of the colored cube?? Haha! But seriously, my edging job is horrible but Andrew said we could fix that tomorrow since we're [well, I guess "he's"] fixing it. But this is the new color and the old color in comparison, with the paint tape around the closet door.

After rinsing out the brush, roller, and paint tray [took forever and still aren't 100% clean], I got a frozen mocha:


Guess how much it cost? Nothing! ...because I made it in my blender. Seriously, that purchase at Costco was one of the best. I should get some good frozen coffee drink recipes online [Sam said she found one we are going to try].

Sam and her dad took half the time it took me to paint, and they did two coats. I'm such a weak sauce snail.

Basically I can't wait for my room to be done to bring my futon in and decorate it up in style! Going to look for sweet deals on 5'x7' rugs, curtains, and possibly shelving. Not right now, of course, because I am too lazy.

Two lay Z.

I think I want to watch a movie and end up falling asleep because I am alone until about 1:00 in the morning [Andrew's at work; sad day] and have to work in Bellingham tomorrow morning. Both the dogs are laying near me and Murphy is snoring. Maybe it'll be me soon.

Oh, and while painting, Sam got a text from a girl we work with asking to cover her shift [which she always bails out on]. Sam didn't respond, and she texted me saying that my boss said to ask. I am working 5 days, 40 hours, this week, and my manager suggests she calls me in on my day off... to close for the fourth night in a row? Hell no! Is she nuts? Would she ever come in on her day off to cover a sales associate's shift that is abandoned because she doesn't give a shit? No. She's too crazy.

Two cray Z.

No comments: