Sunday, August 10, 2008

To The Bee-bee-bee-beach!

Another day with no obligations and another day to take pictures for a little project I'm doing. After waking up and watching some more Sex and the City, Andrew and I swung by some stores for a new harness for Murphy:


This obviously isn't the size that we got, but it's the same design and color. We then got some Advantage, picked up the dogs, and went to my folks' house to visit and have my mom show me how to use the treatment.

Both Goose and Cracker [folks' dogs] were outside and although Murphy is getting to be more familiar with them, Moses is still a new and somewhat scary face. Cracker [chihuahua] gets very upset when he comes over because he is very big and very intimidating. Goose [border collie / lab mix], who used to be a nice lady, growled and grumbled at everyone. I think she is just sick of it all and wants to relax with someone out in the woods or a secluded place and just lay and go on occasional walks. But after a while [and a very large Moe pile later], the dogs all calmed down and after the easy-to-use treatment, we packed up our things and headed out to Larrabee State Park.

It was fairly busy, being a somewhat sunny day and a Sunday [pun?], and with the tide in, there wasn't much beach to walk along. We took to the trails and took some pictures. The view was amazing!


Spectacular view!


Moses and Murphy were tied to the fence. They behaved very well!




I climbed all the way out there, and on the way there I got stung by a bee!!


This was at 4:30...


...6:00...


...7:30...


...and at 10:00. I'm not allergic or anything, but it feels like a bruise under sun burnt skin when I touch it or move it in a certain way. No fun!

We then came home, relaxed, took some more pictures, bought some cookies from our neighbor, ate some pizza rolls, and watched Hannibal. It was pretty good, but it put Murphy to sleep:


I guess he's just not into eating brains or something. Can't blame him.

Tomorrow morning my mom is dropping Sam off for a couple hours. I'll take some pictures of her and work some more on my project! I printed off both Brit's and my pictures for it. They are in my room "drying" so that the color doesn't smear. Will put together tomorrow, with pictures of Sam! ...possibly get some pictures of Kels as well, depending on her schedule.

But I can say with confidence that my schedule will be wiiiiide open.

No comments: