Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Not Meant To Be

I was woken this morning with a phone call from the branch manager of Washington Federal Savings:

"We're going to offer the position to another one of the five candidates we interviewed."

So I started off my day on the wrong foot. Now I don't know quite what to do job-wise. I will have to go through, apply at more places [that aren't hiring], go through more interviews, and face the fact that I may get rejected for the job yet again. I guess this job just wasn't meant to be.

After getting up, I called a Mount Vernon vet clinic to set up exams and neutering of both the dogs. It'll be a sad day come Wednesday. Sad sad day.

At 1:40, Andrew and I snuck some Jack-in-the-Box into the theatre and saw Pineapple Express. It was pretty funny. Not the best movie in the world, but another one of Seth Rogen's funny roles. I'd probably rate it a 7.3/10. IMDb.com has it as an 8.0. Andrew gave it an 8.2.

After this, we went to the pawn shop because we wanted to pick up a couple movies [Butterfly Effect, 300, and Gladiator]. 300 was there but the other ones weren't. The movies are $3.99 each or six for $20.00. We picked out 300, Wedding Crashers, Girl, Interrupted, Cinderella Man, Black Sheep, and The Mexican. We picked out all the movies and were walking up to purchase them when all of a sudden, the power shut off. Apparently a Draper Valley Chicken Truck hit some power line and all the power to most of Mount Vernon was shut off for a little over a half hour. Wal-Mart too was turning away customers! There was an article on the Skagit Valley Herald website about it too. So we're locked in a pawn shop, can't buy our DVDs, and don't want to waste time waiting around for who knows how long. It just wasn't meant to be.

After they unlocked the door for us, we left and went to K-Mart [which sucked], Fred Meyer [found Butterfly Effect and Gladiator], and then home again. We watched Gladiator [extremely good movie], I brushed both Moses and Murphy, and then gave Murphy a bath.

Now we're watching Butterfly Effect and I'm going to cut it short because it's an extremely good movie.

No comments: