Saturday, August 9, 2008

Job Free, Care Free

My first full day away from a work environment was absolutely pleasant and relaxing. This morning I took an almost-two-hour long bath [completely relaxing] and afterward, I napped until about 1:30 in the afternoon. I got two out of the three loads of laundry done [the whites are ready to be folded so I'm almost done], cleaned up the living room, vacuumed, and watched some episodes of Sex and the City. After this I straightened my hair, got dressed, ate a salad, and watched some more Sex and the City. I figured since Andrew doesn't have too big of an interest in the show [understandable and not a problem at all], I can watch it by myself and not have any feeling of guilt for watching ahead.

Carrie Bradshaw [the main character of the show] is the one that truly inspired me to want to write all the time. On MySpace I have about 150 blogs [give or take a few] and with an effort to blog every day, I thought that one day I could have the structure and writing voice that she has in the show. Practice makes perfect, you know. And without a job that stresses me out, I am completely and utterly calm and don't have anything to vent about. Just to inform everyone of my day-long relaxing session, which I'm sure is going to be completely boring and uninteresting.

I thoroughly enjoy my room now that it's completed and have been relaxing in it for the majority of the day [with the exception of the tub and the living room couch for the television show]. I napped on my bed earlier after browsing the web a bit, and now I am on my futon typing away. It's neat to be able to have choices as to where to sit when doing things. When I was in the other room, I just had my bed. Sam moved her stuff in today and she has a desk with a chair and her bed. So she has options too, but I didn't and it's cool to be able to choose where to be in your room.

The dogs have been with me basically all day. They were outside for a bit but it was sprinkling and I didn't want to have wet mops running around the recently vacuumed living room floor. They are currently sleeping on the rug in front of me.

Is this honestly all I have to write about? I am enjoying my time off, but as relaxing as it is, I need some topics to spark up the writing flow. Andrew may have the next couple days off of work, so we will see what these days have to offer.

And I hope one of these days coming up I get a call offering me the position at Washington Federal Savings. Seriously, think positive thoughts because as my gramma says [and it's totally true], "Thoughts have energy." Think hard and think good.

No comments: