Thursday, August 7, 2008

Last Late Night Shift

So this morning I woke up and was super nervous and worried about not doing well at my interview. I got dressed and started driving. I ended up at work instead of at the interview. I called the manager at Washington Federal Savings and explained that I might be a little bit late. He rescheduled the interview to be at 4:00 in the afternoon and I agreed. I got out of my car to walk in and talk to someone at work and all of a sudden I heard a loud noise. Turns out, someone shot me and my head exploded. I was still alive but my head was missing. My neck had a clean slice and looking into a mirror, I could visually see that my head was gone. I clapped my hands where my head was supposed to be and they connected.

And this morning I woke up and was super nervous and worried about not doing well at my interview. I got up, straightened my hair, put on some make-up, and very lastly got dressed. I got there early to fill out an application and then the manager showed up. We talked a bit and it sounded really good.

I really want this job.

I then went to work with enough time to change into my work attire, and gave my manager a hug. She then told me that it wasn't cool of me to tell her that I was quitting through a text [understandable, but when she's not available and at a concert and I need to tell her something, I figured that'd be the best and quickest way she'd get the message] and that I ruined her night and meant to.

Honestly, why would I mean to do that? I am not the biggest *expletive* in the entire universe. I don't plot ways to make people's nights go wrong. She ended up meeting the singer of the concert she was at, so how could I ruin her night so badly? She then made me call our district manager to tell her that I was quitting, which is no big deal. This woman didn't sound super upset over it but simply asked in a guilt-inducing way that I did not let get to me, "You're quitting right before back to school?" To which I replied, "Yup, I know." Then she just said, "Okay..." and my manager got on the phone to finish up the conversation. The store is getting help from another manager in another store to cover all my shifts so it's not a problem that I left with such short notice. She best not try and make it some huge deal tomorrow, "she" being either my manager or the district manager, who both will be there around 1 or so.

I worked 2:00 to close and the whole time I realized how much I didn't care about PacSun. Cleaning up after rude shoppers, not pressuring people to buy more things [I didn't talk to a single customer about sales or pushed them to buy anything and we had the busiest two hour block from 2:00 to 4:00 when my manager was in the back sorting freight, or doing whatever took her so long in the backroom], not stressing out if the store isn't 100% clean, etc. I'm not getting paid enough to earn these wrinkles.

I thought I would have more to say [I.E. about when Matt told me there was a rat in the backroom but was lying] but I am just grumpy because I know I have to be back at that hell-hole in 10.5 hours. I know I am going to feel amazing after that shift though because whether or not I get the position at Washington Federal Savings, I won't find out until Tuesday or Wednesday and the earliest I would start would be Thursday. I will have Friday at 6:00 [or hopefully earlier if I can take a half day] on for a "vacation," seens how I have never really gotten one.

I am going to get so much done. I'm not going to want to ever have a job again.

No comments: