Thursday, August 14, 2008

Productive

I was determined to give Moses a bath. I meant to yesterday but the sun set a lot faster than I had anticipated and after watching three movies, I made it my personal goal to have him washed first thing after getting up.

...and I did. I hooked up the hose and sprayer outside and in the 85°+ weather, it made me want to hook up the sprinkler instead. With some resistance I hosed him down, lathered him with Perfect Coat, and rinsed him off. He did pretty well, considering he did NOT want to be bathed. While I did this, Andrew mowed the front lawn.

After this, I put away the clean dishes and cleaned the dirty ones. Andrew vacuumed the living room. I'm pretty sure we were extremely productive.

A little bit of non-productivity was spent at a cool blog [Photoshop Disasters] where people let the author know about media publications of pictures with Photoshop mess-ups. We spent a little under an hour looking at these oddities. Lots of fun though!

Sam came home from being out and about with a billion bags of groceries. I'm not joking when I tell you that the freezer in the garage is full. Overflowing. Ah!

After this, Andrew and I decided to look at furniture at stores to see what was out there. Andrew has been wanting to rip up the carpet, get rid of the leather couches and chair, paint the walls, and get new furniture. So we went to Ashley Furniture and checked out the selection there.

And there was none.

From there we went to Furniture City and found a pretty sweet couch with a chase. The coloring was kind of off [black with dark olive / forest green cushions and multi-colored throw pillows] but next to that couch was another one that was amazingly comfortable.

From there we walked to United Furniture Warehouse and found the couch:






How sweet is this?? It's only $899 and we found a matching recliner for $369. We were very very excited, got some information, and went to Fred Meyer. We looked at the couch that Andrew had been thinking about for a long while. It's a dark brown couch with a chase and tan cushions and backing. It's very nice but was on sale for about $1,100. Deciding that the theatre seat layout was the way we were going to go, we looked at a few things and picked up a cool cabinet for the projector and game consoles.

With no room for it in my car, we drove to my folks' house, picked up my mom's Durango, filled it with all my home stuff, went to Fred Meyer, got the cabinet, went to Costco, returned my Rachel Ray pots and pans [although it was a 10-piece Hard Anodized Aluminum set which is absolutely AMAZING, the orange handles didn't go too well with anything], returned my glassware at WalMart, and went to our house to drop everything off.

I switched cars while Andrew set up the cabinet. He finished while I finished unpacking my dinnerware and glassware, finished packing up Andrew's dinnerware, and stacked up all my other house stuff by the bar.

Now we're watching South Park on the projector with no shadows from the ceiling fan because of its position in the cabinet.

I feel as if our day was extremely productive. But I'm not going to be productive now because I'm going to watch the show now.

No comments: