Thursday, September 4, 2008

Got Balls?

My heart aches when I see the dogs move in a dazed manner; it's a sad day when you pay someone to cut off your loved ones' balls. Poor things, didn't have any idea why we were getting in the car, but they sure were excited to be going somewhere! We dropped them off yesterday around quarter to 10:00 in the morning and Andrew picked them up around 4:00 in the afternoon. After getting them weighed [Moses weighing in at 73 lbs. and Murphy at a whopping 17.5!], we left the doggies with the professionals. It was eerily quiet with the dogs not at home. I didn't like it.

Tuesday was my first day off after working eight straight days. It didn't feel as if I worked eight days in a row though; I think it's because it was different shifts so it felt like more time in between [going from five 4pm-10pm shifts to two 4am-noon shifts and ending with a 10am-4pm shift]. Instead of being a lazy bum all day while Andrew was at work, I took my old co-worker Matt's senior pictures. They turned out pretty dang good!








These are just a couple of the ones that turned out really good [and are some of the ones I played on PhotoShop a bit with].

On my way home Andrew called to see if I was okay. Of course I was, but he heard something on the radio that got him worried because I didn't answer my phone when I was taking pictures:

"A man known to have mental health problems shot eight people -- killing six, including a sheriff’s deputy -- in a shooting rampage spanning seven crime scenes in Skagit County, state troopers and local police said." [source].

Apparently the police were called in on a domestic disturbance call and when the deputy didn't check back on the status, some other officers went to check up on her, finding her dead, another person dead in the house, two construction workers dead nearby, another neighbor dead in another house, and then the man went on the run shooting and injuring a motorist at a gas station, pulled on the freeway, shot and killed a car passing by, and then after driving a few miles at 90mph, pulled off into the Mount Vernon police station. How scary is that? The criminal was 28 and apparently my dad babysat him when he was younger. Ick!

Anyway, I was okay and went home to resize and reformat the pictures I had just taken. I worked on those for a while and then called it a night.

The next morning I went to work from 11am to 5pm. It was a super super slow day and it went by super slow, but that's okay because those days will happen, and it gave me time to shake my bonbon to some music I hadn't listened to in a while. After this I finished up the picture CDs, brought them to Matt, came home, ate some delicious burgers, and watched part of The Mexican. I, of course, fell asleep, but a loopy Murphy was in my arms on the couch with blankets all around for protection.

It was amazing holding him on the new furniture.

But now, it's Thursday, the beginning of two days off in a row, and I think I have a bit of cleaning to do.

No comments: