Friday, September 26, 2008

Being a Home Body

Today I woke up at 7:30 in the morning to let the dogs out. I had no complaints; these dogs mean everything to me and if they want to go outside, by all means! I put on my slippers and my robe [both brown, my favourite color] and let them out. I went back to bed, woke up slightly when Andrew was leaving for work, and when I woke up again after having a weird dream about being in some school where I was the trouble-maker, I realized it was a quarter after 1:00 in the afternoon.

I think I made up for the lack of good sleep in California. And sleeping in sweet Hanes whitey-tighties doesn't hurt either.

I missed calls from both Andrew and work. I called work back first [seens how they called me first] and told Miss Shelley that I would bring my Barista of the Month survey back before 5:00 so she could make the poster over the weekend.

Here's my survey:

What is your favourite color?: Coffee brown!

What is your favourite animal?: Woolly Bear Caterpillar [the black and orange fuzzy ones]

What is your favourite past-time?: Writing!

What do you do when not working?: Spend time with my boyfriend, Andrew, and my dogs, Murphy and Moses!

Any fun little story about yourself: When I was in third grade, I missed school on the day where we learned the cursive letters "r" and "s." I still can't write them the right way!

Favourite food?: "P" foods: peas, pasta, pizza! Can't choose just one!

Is there anything you really can't stand?: When I'm texting too fast and my phone can't catch up!

So that'll be on the sweet poster on display for the month of October. No big deal.

I called Andrew back and he said he would probably be home around 8:00 at night. So I have the day all to myself. I brought the dogs back inside [what a long time they had outside in the back yard!], drew myself a bath, and relaxed. Murphy stayed in the bathroom with me almost the whole time! I then got dressed [yes I wore my sweet new black and brown scarf with my sweet artsy-fartsy hat that looked amazing with my wavy drying hair], ate a bagel, and watched some Sex and the City.

It was around 4:00 in the afternoon, so I decided to type up, print out, and bring to work my little survey. Murphy, Moses, and I piled into Andrew's mustang [I forgot I let him take my car to work, haha!] and headed on over. His car is wickedly hard to steer and it took some muscle to turn corners. Ah!

I also got myself a blended banana smoothie. It was perfect. Take that, California! Blend it with your little "mocha powder" [probably the same stuff I got from Costco and haven't used in forever!].

I then came home and started blogging. I haven't blogged all that much this month and I need to make up for it. I work at 4:00am tomorrow, so I hope I get enough rest to be awake enough to mind-blog about interesting things at work.

Oh, and I baked some cookies. They're delicious.

No comments: