Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Over the River & Through the Woods

Sunday was excruciating. I went to bed somewhat early the night before but still was tired for my 4:00am shift. My ex-manager now co-worker was supposed to be there at 6:00 and although it was steady but not super busy, she didn't get there until quarter to 7. She was pale as a ghost and said that she wasn't feeling good and that no one would answer her texts/calls so she had to come in.

After about 45 minutes of working, she couldn't do it anymore and slept in her car for about two hours. It was super, super busy while she wasn't able to help and although it was semi-stressful when people got pissed when I double checked orders so I wouldn't mess anything up, I made $21 during that time. After she came back to help, it was about an hour before I cleaned up my counter and machine. Total during the shift I made $64 in tips (put $2 in the radio fund cup we started. My Jewel "Pieces of You" album I had burnt before leaving that morning wouldn't play. I was craving it, and put the two dollars of change into the cup).

I made myself a Miranda on the Beach in celebration of my vacation to California where there would be an actual Miranda on the Beach. I took my drink home, into the bathroom, and got into the tub. There is something absolutely necessary about taking a bath instead of just a shower. I relaxed, did my bathing business, and got dressed. I then packed my backpack and relaxed on the couch with Andrew and Sam where we watched Hot Shots: Part Deux. I fell asleep about the same time I fell asleep during the first one. After this, Sam made delicious Fettuccine Alfredo pasta with garlic bread. We ate it while watching the first Naked Gun movie. I surprisingly didn't fall asleep.

We then all made the journey to Ashley's place where I departed from the love of my life. Although I took a short nap during the movie earlier, I passed out almost immediately after they left. Woke up around 7:00 in the morning on Monday, dressed, ate, brushed teeth, and got everything ready to go, but Ashley's friend didn't show up and wouldn't answer her phone. Her other friend ended up coming to save the day and got us to the airport around 9:15. We checked in, got though security amazingly fast, and got our snacks. We boarded in the 3rd section but it was kind of weird. Because there were three different sections to board, it didn't mean it was front, middle, back. It was first come, first serve. There were literally no two seats next to each other, so Ashley and I had to sit across the aisle from one another.

What if a family of five checked in the same time as us (that's how it works. The check in time is the order when you get seated)? The dad would have had to sit in the front, the mom in the back, and the three unruly kids would have been scattered in the middle. Not okay with me in my book.

Anyway, the plane takes off and my throat is in my anus. It's so weird to fly. Can't really explain in. But I opened my bag of Corn Nuts (Ranch flavoured because they didn't have barbecue) and read some of a new book called "The Goodbye Summer" by Patricia Gaffney. I just picked up for something to read on the flight. It's not anything super special yet but it kept my mind off of the pressurizing feeling in my brain. Not fun.

The stewardess came by to get garbage and said to me, "Oh YOU'RE the one stinking up the plane with Corn Nuts!" and looks to Ashley and says, "You can ALWAYS tell when someone's eating Corn Nuts." I ate a couple more and put them away. Don't want to be an inconvenience to anyone. Goodness.

The stop in between Seattle and San Diego allowed Ashley and I to move forward and up to a window seat. After this was a short flight to our destination. I know it'll be a super fun vacation but I know for a fact that I couldn't live here. Drivers are insane! Ah! It might not be that bad in all actuality, but I'm such a pansy when it comes to driving.

After a bit of relaxing, playing with Ashley's friend's son, and reading some Parents magazine, we had a delicious home cooked meal (pork chops!). Then we relaxed more and watched a couple episodes of The Office. They were from season two, I believe. Ashley and I were super tired and not laughing as much as the other two. Then Ashley's friend's boyfriend said, "You two don't understand how funny this show is."

Hold it right there, mister.

Honestly, I've been watching the show since it PREMIERED and as it progressively gets more popular, the writing gets worse. This new writing that isn't as funny as season one is what people like. Not what it started out like. Makes me kind of pissed when get on the bandwagon for something, making it more popular and, therefore, less cool. Ugh!

I then fell asleep blogging on my phone.

No comments: