Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's Been Too Long

I sure haven't blogged in a while! Since my last blog I received my dream camera, had two Mexican boys show up on my doorstep, and had a funeral director ask me to "Drop on by sometime!"

Work has been going amazingly well. Turns out, the girl that we hired to do the weekend shifts with me ended up being a total disaster. Although she is most certainly a nice person, working with her was almost unbearable. That was the day I worked a 12.5 straight shift to cover for someone who was sick. The next day I went in 2.5 hours early and did an 8.5 hour day to make up for the lost time from the same girl who was sick. The next day I covered the same girl's shift in the morning. The sick girl is getting better, thank goodness! I hate being sick, especially if it caused me to lose hours at work and therefore lose money on my paycheck. She's a sweetheart and I would cover for her [and anyone else] anytime!

I put some CDs back onto my computer. Basically it consists of Incubus, Britney Spears, Zero 7, Feist, Fiona Apple, Danger Radio, Matt Costa, and some mixes with dance, hip hop, and country songs. Literally, that's all that's on there right now.

It's weird to see two same words right next to each other in a sentence. "That's all that's on there" was pretty dang close, but for example, "What's going on on her MySpace?" or, "He had had a pretty good time there once." It's kind of awkward to read or write, but to say it or hear it isn't. Interesting.

Andrew and I both had a day off from work and with it being such a nice day out, we took the newly tabbed boat to the lake! Ah!!! It was super super fun! So he, our roomie Sam, and I drove to Big Lake with the dogs and went for a spin around the water. Murphy doesn't do well with loud noises and unfamiliar territory so being in his Fido Float and in a noisy boat he's never been in before, he was a little uncomfortable. After a few minutes he and I scooted closer to the front of the boat where he had a cubby to snuggle up in and feel a little bit safer. He did extremely well overall.


Moses was not a problem; he's a boat nut! He couldn't wait to get in the boat and then get out into the water! I guess he loves tubing and when Sam went on her second run, he wanted to go along with. Although he didn't stay on until we started going, he definitely had fun jumping onto the tube and swimming back to the boat.




Sam did crazy good going fast and over jumps; she got big air and got tossed off a couple times.


We then floated on the lake eating sandwiches, chips, and fruit snacks, and drinking soda.

Our friend [and my ex-employee] Matt, whose pictures I took a couple blogs down] lives by the lake. So we called him and he met us on someone's dock. He went tubing twice and got tossed off the first time. I then went on the tube and made sure that Andrew would be super nice, because I'm not one to go nuts. He did and although the waves splashed me a lot and I bumped around for a bit, it was fun and then I called it quits. Sam got back on the tube and got HUGE air! Matt had to at least tie for runs and got on one last time. After a couple spins around the lake the boat started sputtering.

We ran out of gas in the middle of the lake.

So we all hopped into the lake, grabbed on to the bow rope, and started swimming the boat in. Let me tell you, it was a workout! Some nice fishermen in a small boat helped us the last 200 feet or so. Nice of them, not nice of the ski-doos and other boats that just stared as they went by.


Needless to say, we got our exercise and our sun for the day. On the way to bring Matt home, Andrew's truck blew the same spark plug again. Frustrating!! It's a beautiful truck; too bad it has to be broken in that sense.

So my job is great and I've saved up $540 in tips toward my new camera. It ended up costing $870 after taxes but hey, it's amazing! I'm still trying to figure out all the settings, but that's understandable.

And about two weeks ago, Andrew and I signed up for Netflix and have watched some pretty good movies. It's cool because it's only $17 per month and we can have all the movies we want, immediately on my computer [lower quality] or overnight via mail from a list of THOUSANDS of movies. I've been pretty impressed so far.

Well, I can't seem to find anything else to blog about really. Ah! I never thought those words would come out of my mouth.

No comments: