Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Newfie Flix

So I've been trying to find stuff on this blogger.com website. I'm a "n00b" -- and yes, those are zeros -- and I can't quite figure everything out besides posting sweet blogs and clicking "next blog" to see some random one. I found a pretty interesting one from some young kid on a vacation [Omar the great!]. It's amazing that young people these days are interested in blogging. When I was little and on vacations, I would write little journals about what we did each day [where did those end up anyway?], but to post them online for the whole world to read is pretty fricken sweet. My favorite parts from Omar's first blog are as follows:
"...I woke up and went to the swimming pool, when we came up we were wet..." "...Then, we had a boring drive to the hotel. I got to the hotel in Ontario at nine! The hotels name was Daysinn..." [blog from Tuesday July 1].

For the first quote, I imagine him meaning "we came up" to mean up out of the water from a sweet dive. And the second one was cute with the "boring" because that's what the drives are on vacations for a kid; funny with the "Daysinn" being one word. I found this one through the "next blog" function. When searching on Google Blog Search, I didn't really find much until I searched my username "ManderNelle." The only result that came up [not any links to my Blogger profile or the only blog I've posted so far, oddly enough] was something about Murphy and Moe. I put a video that Andrew made for me up on YouTube of Murphy and Moe playing in the backyard. I tagged it with the following: puppy dog corgi newfoundland tug rope tire friends [no commas, apparently]. I guess some "Anonymous" guy was searching Newfoundlands or something and 3 days later linked the video on Newfie Flix. He said:
"About the video: mandernelle wrote: Andrew made a video tribute to Murphy and Moe -- new friends at home!"

How odd that someone added this video to some Newfie website. Hmm! Let's see if I can't find something else interesting.

No comments: