Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Life's a Beach

Andrew and I both had the day off today. Instead of driving up North a half hour for beads that I didn't know whether or not I'd end up liking, I asked Andrew if he'd like to get some chicken and go to the beach. So, around noon or so we packed up absolutely nothing and drove out to the Anacortes KFC. With 2 party-packs of Popcorn Chicken [eating left overs as I type] and a 6-piece fried chicken in hand, we headed to Safeway for soda and a visit with Andrew's mom. After here we headed across the Deception Pass bridge and onward to West Beach. We took a trail to a more secluded part of the beach where we could see the bridge and enjoy a little bit of privacy.



After eating some chicken, walking the beach, picking up cool looking rocks and agates, and feeling my back getting a little warm, we got a good idea:




Get ready, get set, AIM! Andrew's best action shot follows:



...and here is mine (after 50 un-actiony shots on both our parts!):



During all this we took many pictures, one of which has an uncanny resemblance to an X-Filey story:



Interesting... and a comment for my picture: my shirt is a flowy silky one with a pouch pocket on the front. That's why I look pregnant. And ignore the buttcrack. I'm pretty sure that it's impossible for a picture of me to be taken without the crack. Also, can you see my hemp jewelry? Amazing!

Speaking of, on the way home from the beach (after seeing amazing sights out the Stanwood/Conway area--including an under-the-freeway road that neither Andrew nor I knew about) we stopped at Michaels for some crafty things. I received a coupon the last time I went for 40% off of one regular priced item as well as a notification that this week (July 6-12) certain beads are 50% off. So we went to check it out and use my coupon. I ended up getting a wood beads mix [similar items and same brand here], a long string of wooden beads, blue ceramic beads, and green ceramic beads. The 40% off coupon went toward the mixed wood set and, silly me not noticing, the other beads were part of the 50% off deal. If I would have known that, I would have gone NUTS there! Ahh! But I organized my beads at home and have now more beads than I know what to do with. Now I HAVE to make jewelry with them. I still have to make a bracelet for Matt sometime, but he didn't want any beads. I should make them and sell them online. Maybe I'll make a super cool website for them. Most likely I wont because knowing my luck, there'll be nothing that comes out of it. I'll just tell people that I'll do it for like $2 a bracelet/anklet and $3 for a necklace or something [cheaper than buying it at the store; makes me money on the side to pay for stuff]. Who knows really.

But I came home and changed into some night-time clothes and found that when my back was "getting warm," it was really cooking like the chicken we ate. I am now as pink as, well, the only thing pink I can see is a Good & Plenty and it very closely resembles my exposed-and-burnt skin color.

I'm listening to Jason Mraz's "We Sing..." album again, and I can't help but hear Ray LaMontagne in the song "Details in the Fabric." I guess some guy named James Morrison helps out. Let's see if there are any relations between the two, and let's see if anyone else notices the similarity:

James Morrison "Details in the Fabric" 3:38-3:50


Ray LaMontagne "Empty" 1:09-1:18


Both entries on Wikipedia mention Van Morrison; James's entry says Van is one of his "favourite artists" [notice the "u" in "favourite"] and Ray's entry says, "Critics have compared LaMontagne's music to that of ... Van Morrison." What a coincidence!

Time for ice cream cake and a movie!!

No comments: