Friday, July 4, 2008

Caller 25 on the Fourth of July

A series of text-message communiques on the first of July:

DG: If I win tickets to a private performance to see Boys Like Girls and Metro Station, would you go with me?
MT: HAHA Hell yes!! :-) You just let me know when and where and I'll be there. Is it on the radio or online or...?
DG: On KISS radio! Haha!
MT: Sweet! I used to have them on speed dial and I'd be caller 5 and 15 but never 20.
DG: You have to be caller 25... Well used to. Now it's caller 106.
MT: Damn! :-) You tell me when you win!

MT: Win those tickets yet?
DG: LOL not yet
Phone call today, the fourth of July [note: only 3 days later]:

DG: I just won!
MT: Won??
DG: I was caller 25!! I called and they said, "Sorry, you're caller 27." I said, "Awww really?" and they said, "Yea. But how bad do you want to go to the concert??" I said "Really bad!" And then they said, "You're caller 25!!"
MT: Really?!?!
DG: Yea! The location of the show is a secret still and we find out soon, but it's on the 14th of July and Good Charlotte, Boys Like Girls, and Metro Station will all be there!!
MT: You're JOKING, right??
DG: No! I really won! I got a shout out and everything and said, "I'm bringing Miranda with me!"
MT: You're really not kidding??
DG: No!
MT: You just literally told me you were going to win these tickets just a couple days ago, and you really just won them?
DG: Yea! Get the day off! We're going!
MT: You're not kidding?
DG: Haha! No!! I really won!
How bizarre is that??? She literally texts me saying that she's going to win and then she does. How seriously random is that? Seriously?! What are the odds of this happening?

So, after being notified of the concert and Danielle winning the tickets and after work ended, Ashley, Andrew and I went to Camano Island to visit Ashley's co-worker's family for a bit. While there I came to a realization: my sensitivity to noise is increasing. Fireworks and sparkler bombs (?) literally made me jump every time they went off. The fourth of July is literally just an excuse for pyromaniacs to get their ya-yas out. No one really celebrates the day of independence of our country; they just blow stuff up and make unnecessary noise. Drunk drivers are out there at an increased rate this night, pets run away from home the most this night out of the entire year... it's ridiculous!

There's not really much that can be done about it except keep the dogs calm, not be on the roads as much as possible, and find some kind of relaxing entertainment. X-Files perhaps?

No comments: