Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Flowers and Album

Today was overall an amazing day. I'm not quite sure what made it so amazing at work for the first bit, but I was in a terrific mood and was extremely optimistic about everything. I think it's due to the fact that my manager (with whom I worked for the first half of my shift) is leaving for Mexico about 3 hours from now. The fact that she will be on vacation, enjoying herself, and not stressing about work takes a lot off of my shoulders [I'm not quite sure if it's on my shoulders so much, but it feels as if an unknown weight has been lifted]. I wore American Eagle jeans to work in a half-retaliation / half-"want to look more professional as a manager and Carrie said it was kind of expected from corporate so it's okay" way. It gave me a feeling like I was getting away with something, and maybe that fact right there put me in my good mood.

I helped customers all day, joking with them and talking about things I normally wouldn't talk about [I asked a guy if he made his puka shell necklace. Who would honestly say yes to that? Well, he said he fiance made it which brought on the conversation about how long they've been engaged, if he's from around here, etc. But seriously, who asks that and expects anything other than a "no" response? I also commented that I liked the fact that this woman had two nail files in her purse pocket. Seriously, who says something about that? We then got on the conversation of the kiosk in the mall every winter selling the nail buffer product that makes your nails super shiny. Was this conversation necessary? No, but it was a lot of fun talking to this woman about something completely random!]. We didn't work on any projects and didn't have any freight to process. All we did was talk to customers, work on re-doing our binder library [corporate switches up the requirements all the dang time! Why not just be consistent with one method?].

I took my break a bit early and worked on some hemping in the back room [is it called "hemping"? Because I've been calling it that and it sounds pretty cool]. I fixed the length of Andrew's bracelet [ended up fitting perfectly!] but before I finished this, my manager buzzed me to the sales floor. I always get frustrated when I get buzzed out from the back room because A.) it's usually for a dumb reason, I.E. a funny song, or to say hi to someone I don't know, B.) it's usually not something that I should be buzzed out for, C.) it's to do a return or exchange that I have to do even though I'm on my "break," and D.) it's louder than heck! So I grumble out to the sales floor and I see Andrew standing toward the front by the young mens' tee shirt fixtures. I walk up to him and I see a flower in his hand. I pause, smile really big at him, and make my way to him. When I get there, I see that he has a whole bouquet of flowers in his other hand and a card. He picked and mixed the types of flowers together at the store and brought them to me for no reason other than to show me that he cares about me. How romantic and sweet is that??


I took this with my camera after my camera phone produced less than worthy photos:


Even though this photo is manageable to the eye, it is not manageable online at https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/. Seriously, I've never experienced something so absolutely dysfunctional in my life!


So this here is the basic layout. After it takes a million hours to load, it "says" that I have 146 items in My Album [if you can see in the picture, it says it at the very top-left of the screen as well as by the "All" and "From Handset" categories on the left side menu. Most of these pictures were sent accidentally because with my old phone, after I took a picture it automatically asked me if I wanted to send it to My Album. I would forget that it popped up each time and hit "Yes" thinking it really said "Back" so I could take another picture. Most of these are of my fish from over a year ago [Adolf and Izzy, rest in peace]. The pictures shown are the lame pictures from the private performance from yesterday, the flowers Andrew just got for me, a picture of a truck with some sort of canoe on top of it:

...well, I was going to rotate the picture and put it on here, but after clicking on the thumbnail in the middle, it took forever to load up in the right-side preview panel. Then, when it finally loaded up, I clicked "Rotate" under the preview and it didn't do anything. I then tried to get back to this tab [using I.E. 7 with tabs used religiously] and the whole thing froze for about a minute. So when it loaded up, I copied my HTML and pasted it into Notepad, where I am now typing. If I'm not mistaken, when you are in the "Edit HTML" section, it doesn't save drafts as you go. Either that or this draft.blogger has yet another drawback [besides the Spell Check function that I am very upset about; am I missing it somewhere?].

And after clicking on the Rotate button about five million times in a row psychotically, it finally worked.


How odd is this scene? But anyway, if I click on the last page of pictures ["8" for the moment], about six pictures show [out of 20 slots available] which is acceptable considering there may not be a full page of photos at the end, but I have it sorting all from Old to New, and these last pictures are older than dirt. I clicked on page "2" just now, and no pictures showed up. Page "3" has both old and new photos, sorted from old to new, which is what I wanted, but not all of the photos are sorted this way! For random pictures to show up on random pages and have them sorted that was is not acceptable to me. Page "4" has new, old, and new pictures--in that order--and four sound clips [my voice notes where I am screaming an angry blog to type later, recorded months and months ago] scattered in no particular order. Page "5" had both old and new photos scattered and unorganized, with two photos at the end of the section available to look at, but with no thumbnail. Now I can't click on page "6". When I click on anything, the corner of I.E. says "javascript:helper.getPage(7)" for example. I think T-Mobile's JavaScript designer needs to do a little cleaning up or organizing because this is not doing it for me.

My blog about Jackie and Bender's Private Performance was typed up as a note on my phone [actually, it didn't fit on one document! I had to use two!]. Doing this allows me to send it via text message to "My Journal" and receive it online to put on a blog which is perfect for me. I sent it to "My Journal" and T-Mobile has no links anywhere [neither the T-Mobile homepage or its pictures page]. I had to look at my phone, type what was on the screen, scroll down, type what was on the screen, hit a button if the screen went dark before I was done typing... lather, rinse, repeat.

So unless this draft.blogger gets a spell checker, I'm going back to the original dashboard. And unless T-MobilePictures fixes its JavaScript problem, I'm going to rely on my USB cord when I am too lazy to hook it up. Never too lazy to blog!

No comments: