Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Aftermath

Today went pretty smooth, considering yesterday's proposterous events. It was as if nothing had happened the day before, which was possibly the intent of my manager's actions and behaviours [I like it when words have the European "u" in it: favourite, colour, behaviour, etc.]. I'm not sure how I feel about this. The fact remains that I am unhappy with the company and its policies and that I am looking elsewhere for employment. Tonight, my closer called me the Robin Hood of PacSun, "You stand up to the managers and stick up for the brand reps!" I ask him, "What are you talking about?" to which he replies, "That one day when you were upset over not getting holiday pay for working on Memorial Day. You yelled at the manager and were upset over the fact that PacSun chose to give benefits to full-time managers only." "I didn't yell," I replied, and smiled. I wonder if I have to wear green tights under my pants now. I probably already have some kind of rooster feather in my hair because I haven't brushed it in God knows when. I'm going for the new-age "hippie" look, full of neutral shades (I.E. tans, browns, whites, greys, some blacks, etc.), unkempt hair, and hemp. Fits perfect with working at a coffee stand, no?

A late-night visit at my folks house ends up with a list of fun things to make; my mom is a craft wiz and her bead selection provided some good choices for new hemp bracelets to add to my wrist. She also gave me some plastic containers with sections for craft stuff (beads, hemp, safety pins, measuring tape, etc.) and a necklace she made for me. She also made a necklace for Ashley, which I cleverly placed in her room on her closet door handle with a silver bow on top. The discovery will be fun! I showed everyone who didn't already see my hemp jewelry collection and my sister placed an "order" for a necklace. Adding this to a request from Matt for a bracelet and the bracelets, anklets, and necklaces I plan on making to wear with the new beads from my mom, I have a fun and craft-filled day ahead tomorrow after I work my 3-hour opening shift.

I also picked up some mail from my folks' place including tabs, a new registration paper for my car, a receipt for a medical bill I had to pay, and a $25 gift certificate for Amazon.com through usage of my credit card. What to buy, what to buy... I was thinking "Lost," but the seasons are so expensive--even used! I'm looking for less than $20 each, but I guess that's asking a lot.

Off to nachos and X-Files. Tastey in all ways!

1 comment:

Milk said...

"I probably already have some kind of rooster feather in my hair because I haven't brushed it in God knows when"

It sometimes looks like I have dreads now, since I've been leaving it dry naturally. And if I do attempt to brush it, it's so tangled. I love messy hair though.