Thursday, February 26, 2009

SPA: Not JUST My License Plate!

I got home from my grave shift last night with enough time to change into sweats, upload pictures, edit, and post the blog I typed from my phone. After checking my e-mail and MySpace [which had no new activity since checking it at 2:00 am], I turned off the computer and laid down on the couch. I turned my phone onto clock-mode and saw that it said 5:23 am. I usually start my car at half-past and leave at :40 to make it to work early enough to get ready and have the relieved shift be done by the hour. So, seens how it said 5:23, I thought to myself, "I have seven minutes to rest." When I opened my eyes again, the clock said 5:55.

That's right... 5:55.

So I jumped up, changed from my sweats, got into my Pathfinder [yes, that's right... Miss UFDA herself!] and raced to work! My phone lit up as I was pulling in telling me I had a missed call from work and a new voicemail. I ran in and clocked in at 6:06 and Tana [bless her heart!] had said in her voice message, "Hey! I'm pretty sure you're sleeping, so if you don't call me back, I'll just see if I can't find someone else to come in." Haha! But I got there, nevertheless, and after making myself a delicious tea+lemonade, I was perked up and ready to go!

The shift went by pretty fast considering that it was extremely slower than the morning before. The construction workers closed down our only entrance for a while so they could set up their taking-up-only-a-half-entrance-project, so basically people could only come in one way and if someone whipped around to the other window, the person on the one side had to wait until the other window was done so they could whip around to leave. How inconsiderate are these construction workers?! I understand that they have a job to do, but we also have a business to run, and we didn't ASK for one entrance to be closed off entirely for weeks on end and have the other side either entirely closed or open just enough for a Geo Metro to squeeze through. UGH!

Tana was helping a customer and I saw the construction workers grab our hose [with our sweet new powerful bird-poop-annihilating nozzle] and start using it on one of their machines. I whisper to Tana [who is absolutely fed up with the construction, with good reason too!], "He's using our hose..." She leans her head out the window and says, "Uhm, that's OUR water!" To which the construction worker says, "No, it's the CITY's water..." ...which it's not; we have to pay for it. But I got a kick out of her actually saying something to them. Props to her!

Anywho, my shift finally ended at 9:00 or so. I went home, changed back into my sweats [and vowed to NEVER leave them again!], laid down in bed, and fell asleep. I woke up and moved to the living room to hang out with Andrew and watch some TV on DVD, which I fell asleep to shortly. I woke up at about 9:00 pm and asked Andrew, "Have I been sleeping ALL DAY?!" To which he answered, "Yes.. and it snowed." I laughed it off as a joke.

No. It wasn't. It actually snowed [like an inch, but who cares: IT'S SNOW!].

How ridiculous is it that it is almost March and we're STILL getting snow?! We NEVER used to get snow! Whatever, I suppose. It just gave me more of a reason to want to drive UFDA [miss FOUR WHEEL DRIVE!].

I took a shower, got into some clean jammies, and relaxed with Andrew and watched Wristcutters: A Love Story. It was pretty good! Andrew and I took turns saying, "He/She's from [insert movie / television show here]" until we saw Will Arnett [Gob Bluth from Arrested Development]. That shut us up.

After this we went to bed. Yes, I slept more. I then got up early to drive UFDA to the stand to say hello to Miss Jeena, who is BACK IN TOWN and whom we missed soooooo much! We made plans to see a movie later [Confessions of a Shopaholic] and iced americano in hand--errrr, in CUPHOLDER--I headed back home. When I let the dogs out of the hatch [yes, they demanded to come along], Murphy did laps around the yard with his nose in the snow. He loves it soooo much! What a stinkin cutie!

Andrew and I then watched some Futurama on DVD until 11:00 when I got dressed and ready for my day at the spa.

Yes, be SUPER jealous!

So I get there and start out with a foot bath [perfect!]. I then get my facial and eye zone wrap [my favourite part of the day!]. Yea, this took about an hour and 20 minutes--no big deal. I then got an hour long massage [that hurt but only because it was DEFINITELY needed!], my delicious lunch [turkey sandwich, salad, water, chips], and headed down to my manicure and pedicure. Turns out one of our regular customers at the stand was going to be taking care of me!

Too bad my toes are disgusting. Ick!

She didn't mind though [which was super sweet of her... even if it was a front, haha!] and ended up being the one to cut my hair as well [which I LOVE! I took off my disgusting split ends--about 3 inches in length--and added lots and lots of layers!]. We were next to another stylist who looked eerily familiar. Turns out, she used to babysit me, lives just down the street from my folks, is the daughter of Andrew's brother's boss, and TOTALLY REMEMBERED ME! How random! And she's pretty sure she has a kitten who is the daughter of Brittany's own Bappy [at my folks' place].

I tipped the lovely ladies, headed home, got a little dressed up for the movies, and hopped on here to lay it all out; not because I would forget though--I am NEVER going to forget it! But I'm off to "sneak" in snacks to the theatre!!

No comments: