Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I [heart] Off-Brand DayQuil

How is it that I have better Internet service on my phone than I do on my computer? Wireless Internet is the oddest thing. It just decides to not work every-so-often. My computer is fine, it's just our service not having any signal [even though all five lights are on...?]. I just wish that the whole WORLD had the BEST Internet and it was either free or just...? I thought that there was a city that had free WiFi anywhere you were. That'd be cool! Or you pay a monthly fee and just get the new password or something.

Regardless, this morning after taking a couple extra strength headache meds and after Googling "Good for a Head Cold" on my PHONE, I opened up the dialer and finally cancelled all my store credit accounts [PacSun, Victoria's Secret, Best Buy, and Target]. There is no reason to have an open account if I'm not going to use it. All it does is mess up my credit score! PLUS I've been doing really good at not spending money on stuff that I don't need--with the exception of the black and white woven from PacSun that I got for my first-night-out-using-my-21-ID and was wearing earlier today until I got called in to work. Anywho, all I have now are two major credit cards, one of which has a same-as-cash balance on it until November, and a debit card. I say that's pretty good!

But I had NO idea how easy it would be to cancel the accounts! I literally hit "5" in the robot answering machine mazes and they said, "Consider it done!" It almost seemed too easy. The only confirmation they could give me was faxing something to me saying that it was cancelled. Who on Earth has a fax machine besides a work-at-homer? Ahhhh! Whatever, I suppose. I have phone records and THIS BLOG as my own record in case something gets fubar'd.

Shortly after this, like I mentioned, I got called in to work. Poor Kailey called at the butt crack of dawn looking for someone and knowing Shelley would most likely stay home with sick chiblins [poor things!], I suggested Jeena stay late, which she did, and when Shelley called a few hours later, I was already up, dressed in almost perfect work attire, had half of the dishes done as well as one of four loads of laundry washed [from yesterday; I TOLD you I wasn't doing them last night!]. I swung by Haggen on my way to work for some off-brand DayQuil [that I downed at a red light; I think the person next to me was unsure about it] and a bunch of bananas [that's what it's called, right? A "bunch"?]. I was hoping that these yellow fruits would keep me full for my whole shift, but I dreamt of Nalley Chili all day--which I DIDN'T have last night. Although it sounded good when I was blogging [as well as for the rest of the night], I had NO appetite and just because something sounds good is no reason to eat and is NOT the way to lose weight, especially when missing a Zumba session that night. Long sentence.

Work was especially slow today! At least the construction workers appeared to be making some headway on finishing their projects, FINALLY! My chores for the day were done yesterday and still were clean, and all of the rest of the chores were done or still looked clean. A customer noted today that our stand is the cleanest she's ever been too; might have something to do because when it's so dang slow, there's nothing else to do! Ahhhhhh!!

After work was a little get-together with Miss Katie and Miss Jeena. We had Caesar salads, chips, candies, and a fun time watching The Craft. It had been too long since I'd seen it. Still amazing! After they left, I sneezed about 34 times in a row. So much for thinking I was getting better. Now my nose is squeaking after I sniff. Ick! I suppose after I'm done blogging I will down some more PM cough syrup to get me through the night comfortably and wake up with some off-brand DayQuil, possibly covering Miss Shelley's shift. You never know!

Here's to hoping that all chiblins [Shelley's!] and all grown-ups [Kailey, Tim, Me!!] get over this BFJ sickness; that's right, a BIG F**KING JOKE SICKNESS!! Ahhhh! Cross your fingers.

No comments: