Monday, February 23, 2009

Pulled Over!!

After my short shift at work covering for Shelley yesterday afternoon, I headed home, only to be pulled over for the very first time. No it wasn't because I was on the phone with Andrew [speaker phone, people; you can't tell if I'm actually on the phone or if I am singing!], but it was because I have no front license plate. I never had one, got the car a few year ago, and have never been pulled over for it before. Whatever, I suppose, but he also said that I need to replace my windshield because the crack is "obstructing my field of vision". Yes, Officer, I agree; this thin little crack is the biggest blind spot in the world! Good lord!

Once at home and done being red-faced and shaky, I made my way to my folks' to give my dad money to make a large payment chunk on my car. We sat, gabbed, and watched a little bit of television. A stop at Wendy's and a final stop at home left us with a relaxing night of yummy food and an Adam Sandler movie.

Emily called in sick [poor thing] and no one would cover her shift [urggg!] so I had to go in at midnight for four hours only to get six hours off and be back for another six hours. I spent the graveyard shift cleaning as much as I could and the daytime shift celebrating Shelley's 27th birthday! Katie, Kailey, and Jackie stopped by the stand shortly after noon and two of our favourite regulars pulled up at the same time. Everyone sang to Shelley and showered her with flowers and balloons and treats and food!

It was a pretty slow day--slow enough to give me time to re-arrange the sugar packets so that they were once again perfect. I got extremely tired toward the end of my shift and decided to stay home from Zumba tonight. As tired as I was, I blogged while Andrew started The Godfather III. I suggested it because I knew I would fall asleep almost right away. Haha!

Tomorrow I work 6am to 11am, have to go to the dang DMV to possibly get new plates [?], go with Andrew to get my car aligned, to the DOL to get some paperwork on transferring the title to my name, talk to my insurance agent to see how much it will be to insure the Pathfinder, relax, rest, and work the graveyard shift up in Bellingham, only to get off at 4am and be back at my stand at 6am for three hours.

It will all be worth it though, for Thursday is my day of spa treatment, lunch, and a haircut. It will all be worth it.

I'm too tired to blog anymore. I apologize for tense variations; nothing makes sense to me right now.

No comments: