Thursday, February 12, 2009

One Month!

I think I'm going for a new record here. Good LORD why haven't I been blogging? It's most likely due to the fact that there is some kind of dust ball stuck under the [?/] key on my laptop and it makes things somewhat difficult to express.

...Yea, that's it.

So it seems like everyone is in the mood for looking better. I know I've gained some weight since starting at BFJ--understandable--but of the 30+ pairs of jeans I own, the only ones that fit me are the ones that I bought a few sizes bigger so that they would fit loose. Either I'm seriously laundry-inept or something has GOT to change; and it's not going to be me deducting money from my bank account and adding more jeans to the already towering stacks in my closet [yes, they are folded in accordance with the Pacific Sunwear fold for YM denim--both YM and JR now, right?--and organized from least-likely-to-wear on the bottom to most-likely-to-wear on the top, with the left pile being guys' denim and the right being girls'. Does ANYONE ELSE do stuff like this?! My shirts are hung up from lightest to darkest with basic t-shirts first, then dressy tanks, polos, long sleeves, sweaters, and miscellaneous stuffs next. And why do I say "stuffs"? This is too long to be a side note]. Back to my original thought, I decided to get the ball rolling and STICK WITH a fitness strategy [not sure if I said it in my last blog, but I was going great for a while working out on my amazing elliptical machine, but then I started slacking for a day or two. And that was about three weeks ago], which includes the addition of three days a week of Zumba:



Miss Ashley and Miss Emily raved about it at a BFJ get-together [happened to be a surprise party for my birthday, totally had NO IDEA, my first one ever, and it was a total BLAST!!] and after missing the first BFJ girls trip to the class, I made it to the second and am definitely looking forward to incorporating it into my weekly routine. Fortunately, my work schedule allows me to make it to the three classes on time, so let's see if I keep up with it! I hopefully will...

Seens how I mentioned my birthday, I'd like to say that it feels pretty weird to be 21. It's like, when you're growing up, you get really exited to turn 10 because you now have two numbers in your age, then it's looking forward to 13 because you're officially a "teen" [because that's the cool thing, right?], then it's 15 for a permit, 16 for a license, 19 to get into Canada for some fun, 20 to officially be in a new age decade, and then 21 to be able to do basically whatever you want. The only thing I really have to look forward to now is the senior discount, which I will take advantage of religiously. Is that an oxy moron? "Take advantage of religiously"?? I wonder if I'm the first one to ever think of that...

You ALWAYS think you're the first one to think of something and then, of course, someone else thought of it three years prior. Unless it's a sweet new invention, like my little sister's idea for pumping gas [having to swipe your driver's license in order to get the pump to work and if you have a warrant out for your arrest, the pump dispenses gas really slow in order to allow time for the cops to show up].

Netflix has proven to be one of the best inventions of life, by the way. I recently watched Smoke Signals, based on the writings of Native American Sherman Alexie and expanded into screenplay by himself, and if I do say so myself, it was a pretty good time. Although there wasn't a huge plot in the movie, it had pretty good values, a pretty good dialogue, and really great characters, including Thomas Builds-the-Fire, the inspiration for Kickin' Wayne in Joe Dirt, played by Adam Beach, the actor playing the role opposite of Thomas Builds-the-Fire's. Interesting, eh? But you hear the famous, "Hey VICtor!!" lines about a million times, and it doesn't get old!

And SPEAKING of famous lines, Andrew and I watched Full Metal Jacket and I learned the absolute location of all quotes of "Me so HORNY" and "Me love you LONG TIME!" Did anyone else know that's where those lines came from? I think I'm just uneducated about that kind of thing. Which is hard to believe, considering from first glance I knew that the actor playing Lt. Touchdown also played Nikolai in "Six Feet Under". I don't know which was better though, me catching this or Andrew catching Jack's dad from "Lost" at a young age playing the role of Lt. Lockhart.

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

I guess you can see what I do on my time off from work. Make delicious Pizza Pinwheels, watch some TV on DVD or Netflixed movies, and clean house!

And I've been trying to get Murphy to speak. You know, like those animals in the YouTube videos...



It looks like there is some fierce competition. I'ma go work on Mr. Murph...

No comments: