Saturday, February 14, 2009

10 Boxes of Cheez-Its on the Wall...

I woke up this morning to find Andrew still sleeping next to me. After being awake while he hit the snooze button a million times for his get-to-work-on-time alarm, I fell asleep shortly after to wake up and find him still in bed at 8:30am. His first alarm was at 6:00 with an absolutely-have-to-leave alarm at 6:30. I freaked out and screamed, "ANDREW YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE FOR WORK!!" ...come to find out, it was Murphy laying next to me. His fawn coloring resembled skin enough for me to freak out in my not-so-awake state. Although I was sad to not have my Valentine laying next to me when I woke up, I was very happy to have Murphy to snuggle with.

Today, Valentine's Day, marks the one-year-anniversary of when Andrew and I met. We ladies at PacSun decided to have a "Chicks... No Dicks!" Valentine's Day Party and low and behold, Andrew was there. Kind of ironic, but it seems that Cupid was doing his job. One week from today is Andrew and my one-year-anniversary of when we started seeing each other. Our first date was at Bob's Burger and Brew. I got a burger loaded with onions and enjoyed watching Andrew and our double daters, Jake and Megan, play RockBand at Andrew's house afterward. No big deal that the screen they were playing on was the entire wall. Being as it was our first "date" and I hadn't really known him for all that long, I was pretty shy and merely watched; I didn't want to make a fool of myself and have him not want to hang out anymore [because that's what happens in real life, right?]. But he did want to hang out more, and we did for about a consecutive week, having late night lounges and eventual over-nighters. I felt oddly comfortable and happy with him right from the start, and it has yet to fade away.

This guy is a keeper.

After realizing that Andrew was indeed Murphy, I got up and ready for the Saturday morning Zumba class. I got to the stand to find out that Jeena and Shelley both weren't going to make it. Katie and I headed out to our first class with Antonio instructing. Ashley mentioned how intense it was when he was leading because he doesn't let anyone stop and it is constant and fast-paced. Apparently, Antonio was recovering from a cold of some sort, so today's class was a little "toned down", but in my book: I've never sweated so much in my entire life! It was super fun! An older woman came up to Katie and me and said, "You girls are really good at this!" Haha! It's really cool the variety of people that take the class. There are younger adults, elderly, special needs, overweight, underweight, weight... just EVERYONE! And you aren't there to impress anyone because everyone else is doing the same thing you are. It's a pretty cool experience. This is Katie and I on our way home after sweating our asses off and getting a Valentine's Day Zumba Rose on our way out!

I didn't have all the ingredients I needed for our Valentine's Day dinner, so I hopped to WalMart and Haggen to pick up some stuff. I got Andrew some goodies for our special day [including TEN boxes of Cheez-Its! ...see below] and as I was getting rung up, the couple in front of me decides to go into incredible detail about how they are getting over being sick. The woman has a mullet and apparently it's the man's birthday. So they take forever gabbing about germs [I don't want to hear this] and then the woman goes to pay with a check. The cashier, who is an older woman, says, "If you just sign it, we scan it and then you get it back," to which Mullet Ma'am says, "ANYONE who does that is an absolute FOOL! I don't trust anyone with ANYTHING these days! I will fill this all the way out so I have a record of it." ...which makes sense, but she just gives the cashier her opinion anyway. "I don't even use my DEBIT card anymore! I went to Office Depot not too long ago and went to buy a couple monitors that were like $500 and I swiped my card, the girl asked for my card and ID to verify that it was me, which is fine with me, but then she swiped my card again and I gave her a piece of my mind! I said, 'NOW YOU LISTEN HERE! I ALREADY SWIPED THAT CARD AND YOU DID NOT ASK ME IF YOU COULD SWIPE IT! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!' and I cancelled the transaction and left without anything." Now, at PacSun, there is a customer-usable pin pad card swiper machine that will let you swipe the card but won't read it until a final button is pressed. We would ask for ID and after verifying the card, we would swipe it. Just because this woman swiped it before the cashier asked for ID doesn't mean that it read the card. But this woman went OFF and I was just thinking in my head, "Just hurry up and go. I don't want to stare at your hair any longer." She started to leave after everything was done and then she came back and said to me, "When you get old, you'll talk a lot too. We can't go hang out with friends anymore, so we make friends wherever we go!" All nice and jokingly. I smile and laugh it off, but I'm thinking, "DON'T THINK YOU'RE MAKING ME YOUR FRIEND!" Good Lord!

Oh, and a woman wouldn't move her cart or her fat ass in the DVD aisle, so I had to literally go down the next aisle just to see what was as close to the end as possible, because she took up the whole damn aisle--side to side, front to back. How are people so unaware?

OH, OH! And on my way out I see a truck with a handicapped mirror hanger parked in a handicapped spot, as well as the two lined spaces on either side. Handicapped people should NOT be driving. If they have designated drivers, that's fine for them to park up close, but they should NOT be driving themselves.

That's basically all that happened so far today besides me getting three cans of Nalley Chili. No one is going to want to Zumba next to me for a while.

No comments: