Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shopaholic, Much?

How is it so hard to blog when music is on? Even the easy listening stuff [Sia, Feist, Duffy, etc.] makes it difficult. I just downloaded a soundtrack that is proving to be really great, but I am going to have to pause it in order to continue. Ah!

Thursday night was movie night at the theatre where we saw Confessions of a Shopaholic. I think I have pretty high expectations on what makes a movie "good" and only a few are making the cut lately, but this movie was definitely cute and yes, I covered my face quite a few times with the I-Can't-Believe-This-Is-Happening! scenes. Overall I enjoyed it, but I don't think I would venture to the theatre to spend $9.50 again just to see a film [you can buy new DVD releases for that!!]. Well, I did get my "student" discount because A.) I still have my Skagit Valley College ID card from Winter 2008 and B.) it was a Thursday, the only night that student discounts are acceptable. How rude is that?! You'd figure they'd WANT to find reasons to discount the admissions price to get people to go. When we walked in the theatre, all the seats were empty, and this was--no joke--five minutes before it started! And a bag of Skittles [mind you, it is the kind that hangs on a peg at the store] is $4.00!!!!! At least they don't care if you bring in your own food anymore. I still "snuck" in lots of candy and treats anyway. What good is having a huge purse anymore if you can't sneak in candy?

Oh, and the pre-previews [where the ads and little trivia games and such are playing] took up the whole screen and then an extra few feet above. It freaked us out! We didn't want our movie to be like that! AHHH!

I think the movie hit home though because today... I shopped. I actually bought FOUR tops! I know, right?! Good LORD! I'll get to that in a minute.

So, after the movie we called it a night. I had to be at work during the day on Friday, which was nice because I got to work with Kailey, but what was NOT nice was that the idiotic construction workers were digging up our parking lot and BROKE OUR WATER LINE.

That's right; the construction workers of the city, who are tearing up concrete around businesses, don't have a map of water and gas lines, and "didn't know our water was down there." So, with the day as slow as it was, Kailey and I had to turn away coffee customers. With as much work as it takes to get to our stand [I.E. going behind Jack-in-the-Box, cutting through parking lots, and finally reaching the stand, or taking your chances that one of the side turn-offs aren't blocked and if they are, having to turn at a light and cut through more parking lots to finally reach the stand], it really hurts business to turn away those who DID take the time and DID make the effort to come to our stand.

I hate construction and construction workers. The guy who came and told us, "Uhh, we didn't know it was there" was wearing a green jacket. What construction worker wears a green jacket? Not lime green either: forest green. Whatever.

So after they fixed it [which took less time that I imagined it would, I have to give them credit for that], we had to fix everything in the stand [which called for Andrew to come in and make sure we weren't going to blow up with a malfunctioning water heater and clogged water lines]. And after THIS, we had to clean up our stations in order to leave our shifts. It was just a mess!

This was Kelsey's 18th birthday, by the way. Before work I swung by the spa I went to [amazing!] and got her a gift certificate. I hope she enjoys it! I sure did! But anyway, I got home after work and after a bit, Andrew and I went to my folks' place for taco dinner! It was delish! Andrew ate SEVEN tacos!!! That's NUTS! But they were THAT good!

During the day, Kels got a tattoo. She had it all scheduled and paid for so that the DAY she turned 18, it would be done. It is a spider with the word "miracle" in the body, and it's on her upper left breast bone-ish place [between the boob and the shoulder! C'mon!]. It turned out really good!

Let's see here... not much else happened after that, besides coming home, getting a bunch of texts in the middle of the night that I didn't comprehend because I was sleeping [haha!], getting to work [in UFDA!] at 4:00 am, doing as much cleaning as possible before our Monday meeting [where one of the head honchos is coming in! Ah!], and then clocking out.

...and not going to Zumba... again. I WOULD have gone if someone went with me, because it's no fun going by yourself! You want to EXPERIENCE it with someone else! Shelley was busy with birthday errands, Katie had worked the graveyard at another stand the night before, Jeena's brother was getting married, my mom slept in... so basically everyone was busy! Ah! This gave me time to shop til I dropped!

Which is when I bring up the link between today's shopping and the movie we watched. I just went and picked out a bunch of tops at Ross [where I saw the KILLER in his Stang in the back of the parking lot! *see below], tried them all on, and bought FOUR of them! Good LORD! It felt really good though. When Andrew gets home, I will show him them and maybe if he likes some more than others, I can take the others back and not feel so guilty.

THE KILLER:

I got home, got into sweats and a sweat shirt, ate a couple hot dogs and chips, watched about three episodes of X-Files, almost fell asleep, and am going to continue the episode and nap for a while. When I wake up [and if Andrew doesn't take care of it on the way home], I will run to the store and get some dog food. Poor things are clean out! Piggies!!!

Oh, I'm going to unpause this soundtrack for a bit first. Go dance tunes! And look at this; it's not directed at me anymore!!

No comments: