Sunday, February 22, 2009

I got my cupholders!

I haven't blogged in a few days for a few reasons. Besides the fact that I'll get into a natural blogging ebb and flow and these last few days made up an ebb, I've been holding my breath, crossing my fingers, and talking to a man about an SUV.

That's right... an SUV.

If you look two blogs prior to this, you will see a list of SUV models and generations that I was interested in. Considering all the Toyota 4Runners available were ridiculously priced, I made a list of other models. The top non-4Runner was a 1996-2004 Nissan Pathfinder. Guess what this man's model was?

That's right... a 1996 Nissan Pathfinder.

No, it wasn't perfect, but it was darn near it! Over $1,500 in engine work was done shortly before the back was hit and now has a "ding". It's an automatic, has four wheel drive, leather interior, heated seats, sunroof, CD player... basically the only thing wrong with the vehicle was the damage in the back. Well, it needed tires and an alignment, but other than that it was darn near perfect! I figure the "ding" in the back gives it a little character. Anywho, we BlueBooked it and considered it "Fair":

-Some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition.
-Clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional.
-Tires may need to be replaced.

...which describes the condition almost to the "T", and it came up as $4,555. I paid $800. Andrew drove it home, I drove behind, and we made it home with my brand new baby.














I'm so excited! Ahhh! I want to drive it NOW! I sent the first e-mail to the guy on the 18th. It is now the 22nd and I have it in my possession. Oh geeze I can't believe it!

While I waited for the e-mails to come and a time to go look at it [aka "bring it home"], I cleaned up the house--again--and did some laundry. This is after two loads with two to go.


Yikes! I then thought I would be crafty and try and re-create a bracelet I got in California. If you look close in the laundry picture, you can see some hemp and craft materials by some blue and black scissors. Anywho, I made myself a cute little shell bracelet and I love it!


Before Jeena left all of us BFJ girls, she and Katie came over and watched 28 Days Later, one of my all time favourites. Before we put in the movie, we hopped on the computer and I saw these ads:




Yes. I blogged about the stupid weight loss ads before, but they said "20 year olds" and now they say "21 year olds". They must know that I had my birthday, because how random would it be that they change their target audience age a year at the same time?? Pshhh... just odd.

I just let the dogs inside and felt like my fly was down. I looked and laughed because IT WAS!! For who knows HOW LONG! But wait... I did a double take and saw that it was my SEAM THAT RIPPED!! Apparently I have hips and they CAN'T lie!




I have to leave for work in an hour [covering three hours for Shelley so she can go to a baby shower] so I better call it quits. I'll end with a picture of Andrew and my Valentine's Day dinner. How romantic!

No comments: