Friday, October 24, 2008

The Senior and the G1

I'm sitting at the Kortlever-Thompson-Brandrup research center with my tea and some Pizza Rolls ready to pour it all out. Yesterday we moved our wall-side bar to the living room and put our computers and speakers on it creating the aforementioned research center. No, not much "research" will actually be conducted at said center, but more MySpacing, Craigslisting, and Photoshopping, as well as a hopeful increase in blogging. I don't know why I haven't lately; it's just a rut, I suppose.

Something else new besides the research center is my phone! I got it a day early in the mail and my sister brought it to me at work! I took lots of pee breaks [not too out of the ordinary with my continued tea drinking... I even joined a MySpace group called "Tea Drinkers"!] and messed around with it. It's basically the coolest thing ever! I'm not sure if it's that 3G network thing that was rumored to be super great or what, but I can get on the Internet and check my MySpace, e-mail, Blogger... I can do anything! The slide of a finger opens up a Google Search bar for easy information retrieval. My messaging is like any newer Qwerty phone, I'm sure, but it is like a conversation and is super easy to keep track of what you are talking about. I haven't played much with the camera, but it is 3x the quality that my old phones were, although I suppose it doesn't have video recording quality, which is okay I suppose; I have my digital camera with me at all times anyway and it can do that. I can't explain it, but it is the absolute coolest phone I have ever seen!! I'm sitting here at the research center with my laptop, subwoofer surround system, Canon Digital Rebel XSi, and T-Mobile G1.

I'm officially a tech-nerd.

So anyway, I am still drinking the tea. It's hard going from delicious green tea at work to the basic Lipton at home. I enjoy the green so much more than the basic and it takes a lot of determination to keep downing the non-green. I should just start using the green tea bags I bought; I just would rather have the open basic tea bags be used up than have two open boxes. But if I'm not going to enjoy the basic and I WILL enjoy the green, why not?? The whole point is to drink green tea anyway [even though all tea is extremely good for you, I suppose]. I have been leaving my tea pitcher at work so that I have it available and ready when I get there, but on days like today when I get off early and am going to want more throughout the day, I'll drive home with the huge pitcher between my legs so I can have it when I want it.

I have been working a lot lately which is good for the paycheck but not so good for the blogging and cleaning. Our house is super messy with piles of just "stuff" everywhere, and a lot of it isn't trash! Just stuff that we are too lazy to do anything with. This research center freed up a bit of that space with our computers and all. I can't get over how cool it is being here and typing away. I've got Norah Jones playing in the background, what else could I want??

What I was trying to say was that Kailey [co-worker] went on vacation and I'm taking basically all of her shifts; too bad her shifts are during the slowest part of the day where tips are lacking and there isn't much to do. On a good day I'll make $20, and I remember when that was a BAD day! I dream of the days when I would make almost $80. *Sigh*. It's been fun working a lot, but I hope I don't get used to it. My hours are still going down to 24 a week and I have yet to hear about the promotion decision. The new girls that the manager hired are being trained right now and one of them was told she would get full time hours. I really hope it's not true [no offense to the new ones] because I've been dying for EXTRA hours, my hours get CUT, and the new girls get FULL-TIME?? Doesn't sound right, considering I'm working my ass off to prove that I care about my job and would jump at any opportunity for more hours and more responsibility. If they get full-time and I'm still stuck with 24 hours, I'm getting a second job. That's all there is to it. I can't AFFORD not getting one if that happens.

Come see me and tip me please. I would really appreciate it. So would my bank account, whose savings is dwindling down to nothingness.

I just looked at my hair and guess what? I have split ends. AH! This means I need a haircut, which I obviously can't afford. I'm still keeping it long, but it's hard to deal with sometimes. Straightening it accentuates my chunky side "bang" layer, and my straightener is one of those Target/WalMart ones and it doesn't straighten all that well. Using mousse is only good for one day [extremely good though! If I could have my hair like that all the time, that would be perfection!] and then it NEEDS a good washing, leaving it back to normal and back to bleh. If I could have Sarah Jessica Parker wild and curly locks, that would be amazing. And I'm not dying my hair anymore; simply going back to basics.

The day I got my new phone was the same day I went to Bellingham and took my sister Kelsey's senior pictures. We left town around 5:30 in the afternoon and the sun was starting to set. With the lessened light, I didn't know how it would turn out. But the coloring ended up being spectacular! Here are a few of the ones that turned out really good:












































She chose THIS one for her yearbook selection:


I think it turned out really good!!

But I'm tired from working the early shift, I need to format her pictures onto a CD so she has them available, and I need to watch Sex and the City: The Movie while I have it. Ta-ta!

No comments: