Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Let's Make This Together

First off, I have to let loose about the events from yesterday mid-afternoon. A woman pulls up to the stand [yes, I am still working the million days in a row and I'm totally cool with it] and asks if we can make her an Eggnog Latte, but "extra hot." I tell her that we can't steam the milk hotter than 130° or else it gets ruined and she gets pissed. "The other stand will do it for me!" she claims. So I suggest cutting it with milk [this doesn't really make sense now but it did then haha!] and me steaming the milk hotter and mixing it so that the drink would be hotter and she starts to get really upset. Shelley comes over to see what this woman's deal is and the woman tells her that the other stand will heat it up extra hot for her. Shelley says, "Well, I'll heat it up extra hot for you, but the taste changes and it's not recommended." The lady huffs and puffs and says she's going to the OTHER stand that will do it for her.

So, our curious minds decide to see what actually happens if you steam eggnog over 130°. Turns out, it smells like nasty-poo and it starts to curdle, leaving chunks floating around inside the sick sewage waste. I'm glad that's what that woman likes to ingest.

While we are doing our little "experiment," a regular pulls up and wants a blended chai with a little bit of eggnog. No big deal, except I was starting to clean the counter by the register, had things all over in the way, and I ended up knocking over the blender before I had a chance to finish the drink:


Gross! So I had to clean up EVERYTHING including taking all the ice out of the bin, scrubbing down everything inside, and filling the ice back up, mopping everything, making sure there wasn't vomit everywhere... Gross.

I just thought that was kind of funny. An Eggnog Massacre in the span of five minutes.

After work I went grocery shopping with money I don't have to make rollups that I've never made before. My first attempt was with Salmon Appetizers. And by the way, their little "Ready in 15 min" thing is NOT true! Let me explain why...

Well, Step 1: Combine everything in a small mixing bowl. I softened the 8oz. package of cream cheese and put the parsley on top.


I then realized that this bowl is going to be too small, transferred to another bowl, and started with the salmon bit. "Remove any bones." Here's why it took forever! Do you KNOW how many bones are in a can of salmon?? I had no idea!! There were bones that looked like slivers, some that looked like eyeballs... it was sick! So I finally finished.


The de-boned salmon...


...and the bones!!

Yuk! So I then added my delicious salsa! [No big deal, I probably added a bit too much because me likey!! Yum!!].


I then stirred and stirred!! Oh, and I didn't put cilantro or cumin in because the only cilantro I could find in a little spice jar was almost $8.00! No THANKS! I'm sure it makes it that much more delicious, but until I have all the money in the world to blow on spices, NEXT!


Step 2: Spread it all out! This picture shows my fourth tortilla getting spread [don't flag this post!], and the three already rolled and plastic-wrapped [new verb?].






My finished tower [I ended up using all ten tortillas; probably because I added more salsa haha!]:


And hardly anything left over to go to waste:


I then put everything in the fridge and made something I could snack on right away!




Delicious! The carrots in there actually weren't too bad! I then slept a good sleep, woke up, sliced five of my tortillas for an at-work snack, and I'm pretty sure next time I'll try to roll NICE AND TIGHT! Some of the pieces were a little open but that's okay; I'm still going to devour them!


Th-th-th-that's all folks!

No comments: