Friday, November 7, 2008

A Short Time Off

I am 40 minutes away from leaving for work. Yes, my "weekend" and long-awaited time off is over and it was very much appreciated. I can say without a doubt that I was productive. On Tuesday after a morning shift, I decided to go to T-Mobile to have them fix my phone. Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning were Internet-less on my phone, and if you know me, you know what this means. So I go in to get some help, the employee calls up the support people, hands me the phone, and walks away to help another customer and to go talk to his buddies at the next store over; and he's getting paid for this, mind you. Hmmm! Anyway, the guy on the phone walked me through some stuff and I finally got the Internet back on my phone. Yayyyy!! After this I went to visit Carrie at PacSun, but she didn't seem too interested in my company [I know, right? Who WOULDN'T be interested!] so I went home.

After visiting with Andrew before he had to leave for work, I napped good and hard and woke to an actual wanting to wash the dishes. I spent over two hours in that kitchen... TWO HOURS!!! I found some nasty things in there that I do not want to remember, but the point is that it is spick and span! ...and it's actually STILL clean because I've been doing the dishes right after they are used [like we are SUPPOSED to so that 2+ hours of dishwashing doesn't have to happen], so that's a relief.

After cleaning I listened to a voicemail I got from Shelley at work saying that our paychecks were in [FINALLY!!!] but our new manager said we couldn't get them until tomorrow because that's the day that they were dated for. I have ALWAYS gotten my check early at BFJ! Ahhh!! I went to Target for paper towels and a new bra because:

MURPHY ATE MY BRA!!

I'm having a hard time remembering what I say in my previous blogs, but if I already mentioned it, pretend that I haven't. I woke up to the sound of nibbling one morning and come to find out, Murph Man found the spot on my bra in between the cups absolutely irresistible and ate the whole section up. Boy was he in TROU-BLE!! It was a blessing in disguise though because I need to punish him more so that he learns to listen, so we now moved his pen into the bedroom so that he has a couped up--but still roomy--place to sleep with no fear of losing any more articles of clothing.

Anyway, I went to Target looking for those two items and I ended up leaving with those, a new black hat [that I can wear to work], a new black fleece [on SALE that I can wear to work], and some pepperoni and a can of croissant dough for more pizza pinwheels. On my way out, I called the stand to see if anyone had gotten their checks yet, which they had, and I pulled through and got my check. I wouldn't put it in the bank until the next day though, so I'm only being a half "bad girl."

Wednesday morning Andrew and I hopped into my car, put the dogs in the backseat, and took a fun little road trip to Seattle so that he could get HIS paycheck [lame that he has to drive all the way there to pick it up!]. The dogs love love LOVE to ride in the car, so it was fun for everyone. We deposited our checks, dropped the dogs off at home, and went grocery shopping.

Costco took a little more out of our wallets than we imagined, but I think that's a given when you go to Costco. We got buns, burritos, cheeeeeeeeeeese, ketchup, tuna, some other miscellaneous items, and above all else: boneless skinless salmon in cans. It was a WAYYY better deal than at the regular grocery store, and I had all the other ingredients for Salmon Appetizers at home, so it kind of worked out well for everything. We went to Haggen next and picked up some milk, lettuce, Ranch, and a head of cauliflower and went back home to unpack.

My mom and grandma stopped by and visited for a while. My mom got real heated about politics and other current issues and vowed that she would be at the street corners in Mount Vernon educating everyone. It was a good time!

After this, Andrew cooked up some burgers, I cleaned the living room, we watched Can't Hardly Wait. We then put in the first half of The Lives of Others, took a nap, finished the movie, and called it a night.

Thursday morning I woke up to let the dogs out, made 10 tortillas of my salmon treats, put them in the fridge, let the dogs back in, and went back to bed. We woke about noon-ish and had a delicious breakfast of eggs and bacon. We watched Goodfellas [pretty good!] and then went to the store where Andrew bought me a sleep mask. I've been wanting one for the days where I go to bed early for my 4:00am shifts and it's still semi-light out, and he got me a pretty one with stars and moons on it. I tried it out on the couch snuggling with the dogs and it worked pretty well keeping the light out! It was comfortable [silk and cotton!] and had an adjustable strap. I wore this on my forehead without thinking, got 90% done cleaning my room, and Andrew's mom and husband stopped by to visit for a bit.

I was still wearing the sleepmask.

She told us about this place in Washington [I guess there are a bunch around, but I'd never heard of it] where you put your car in neutral and you coast uphill. I tried to find it online but no one will give out the directions on how to get there. Kind of cool but I still wanted to know!

After they left we put in 3:10 to Yuma and once I saw Ben Foster [Russell from Six Feet Under], I couldn't take the movie seriously. I fell asleep after devouring a delicious slice of ice cream and then we called it a night.

This morning I finished cleaning my room, sliced up some salmon appetizers and my cauliflower head for work, and sat down to blog. So the kitchen, living room, and my room are all clean, as is most of Andrew's room because we didn't want Murphy getting into anything. Most of my time off was spent relaxing and watching movies. I think I'm going to take some time off from working so much, enjoy the three days off I'm scheduled, and keep on relaxing and watching movies.

14 minutes and I'm off to work! I'm going to put two Netflix movies in the mail, get the dogs ready, and then get to work where a blended chai has my name on it.

No comments: